Allo' Expat Ecuador - Connecting Expats in Ecuador
Main Homepage
Allo' Expat Ecuador Logo

Subscribe to Allo' Expat Newsletter
Check our Rates
   Information Center Ecuador
Ecuador General Information
Ecuador Expatriates Handbook
Useful Numbers
Immigration Information
  Entry Visa
Work Permit
Ecuador and Foreign Government
Ecuador General Listings
Ecuador Useful Tips
Ecuador Education & Medical
Ecuador Travel & Tourism Info
Ecuador Lifestyle & Leisure
Ecuador Business Matters
  Sponsored Links

Check our Rates

Ecuador Immigration Information Work Permit


The work visa category 12-VI is issued to highly qualified professionals, technicians, contracted personnel for industrial training and specialised workers, to perform temporary works. The validity of this visa depends upon the length of the assignment or contract and it covers direct family members.

Generally, Presidents, General Managers, Legal Representatives and General Trustees do not apply for this 12-VI Visa, because they do not have an 'Employment Relationship' with the Company, pursuant to the Labour Law. Instead they request, and are given, a 10-IV Visa, which is an Immigrant visa to take over top level administrative functions in an Ecuadorian Company. This visa can be easily obtained in Ecuador, without having to leave the country, while the individual is covered by the 12-IX Visa.


The application for a work visa 12-VI must be made at the Ecuadorian Consulate with jurisdiction over the applicant's place of residence. The applicant must present an employment contract that has been legalised by Ecuador's Court of Labour, the certification issued by the National Direction of Employment and Human Resources or the appointment letter of Power of Attorney, when applicable.

Documents Required

• Application Form;
• Passport valid for at least six months;
• Visa Fee;
• Police Certificate with a criminal record issued by the police department of the applicant's place of residence;
• Round-trip ticket;
• Two passport-size photographs;
• Medical certificate stating that the applicant is free of contagious diseases (including HIV);
• If a third-country national, proof of legal status in the country of residence;

In addition to the above documents, the applicant must present the following documents depending upon which category he/she is applying for:

See more information on the next page... (next)




copyrights ©
2017 | Policy